We Walk by Faith…

If you’ve been reading One Artsy Mama lately, you probably know that Little Crafter and I have a new favorite hobby; painting with watercolors.  We started out by painting dots to go along with a book we read, then we worked together to make a special mixed media collage.
But every now and then, a mama needs to do a project on her own.
The other day, while LC was taking his nap, I decided to attempt a watercolor project all by myself.
{I didn’t tell him until after he woke up, or he would’ve thrown a royal fit and never gone to sleep!}
I envisioned something in the pink/orange color family with a word on top.  I just started painting and mixing colors until I liked what I saw.  Then, I remembered seeing some paintings at the Torpedo Factory Art Center one time where the artist suggested a bit of a landscape while staying in the color family, so I decided to give it a {very rudimentary} try.
Once I was somewhat satisfied, I penciled in the word “faith” and painted it with acrylic paint.  Then, I finished up by  writing the rest of the verse with a fine tip Sharpie.

I don’t have any kind of training or anything, so I’m sure those of you who are trained artists could find a million things I could have done better, but it was a lot of fun just to play with the colors…and to actually get to paint by myself for once!  It makes me happy when I look at it, and that’s good enough for now!  I’m using it to help me remember my word of the year {remember that?  Courage!}
Happy crafting to you!

14 comments on We Walk by Faith…

1. Mrs. White
    February 22, 2012 at 5:42 AM (3 years ago)

I really like this. It’s very sweet and whimsical. I’m by no means a professional artist lol but I know what it is to enjoy just watching the colors do something you like :) Great job!

February 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM (3 years ago)

Very pretty. I’m so impressed by how steady your hand was with the sharpie, lol.

3. Kara
    February 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM (3 years ago)

Geez girl, that’s so beautiful! I hope LC loved it when he woke up. :)

4. Tonii
    February 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM (3 years ago)

I think your painting is stunning! Not to mention your awesome handwriting ;) How fun for YOU to be able to let loose and just create. It is really beautiful.

5. Meagan
    February 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM (3 years ago)

Wow! You sure look like you have a lot of training to me! The bottom landscape part is completely gorgeous!

6. Amanda Joy {Joy in the Jumble}
    February 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM (3 years ago)

You did great… watercolors aren’t always forgiving like oils or acrylics, but you didn’t have to worry about that because it looks awesome.

7. Adrianne
    February 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM (3 years ago)

I like it! I have never tried watercolors, so mine would look like your son’s original. But I have an affinity for trees. I think this turned out fabulous!

Adrianne

February 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM (3 years ago)

I think it is just beautiful…I love the colors…

9. I am LOVD
    February 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM (3 years ago)

Nice. Unbelievable outcome, really! That Little Crafter is talented. Watch your back. Once he learns to type, there will be no stopping his bloggy future.

10. Janet
    February 23, 2012 at 3:24 AM (3 years ago)

Very nice. The verse you chose is, too. A reminder we all need from time to time against such a beautiful background, what else could a girl want?

11. Mama Jodi
    February 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM (3 years ago)

One of our phrases is, “I love you way up the the moon and back, forever and always, no matter what.” Love the scripture too.

12. Crystal
    February 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM (3 years ago)

Thanks for linking up to mommy solutions! I’m featuring you on my Facebook page! happy friday! crystal

13. Kadie
    February 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM (3 years ago)

Gorgeous painting Amy!! It is fun to do a craft on your own every now and again isn’t it. Thank you for sharing with us this week!:)