Clay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Friends, today I am beyond excited to introduce a very special guest poster to you…Little Crafter!  He has been begging me to write a post of his own, so here it is!  He typed out some of the directions himself {one letter at a time!} and the rest he dictated to me so I could type them just the way he said them.  {Which, by the way, is a great exercise for me in letting go of control…oy!} Here is his tutorial, in his own words.  Enjoy!!

**********************************************************************************************************

CLAY TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
Clay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I am so excited.  this is how to make teenage mutant ninja turtles out of clay.

You need:
Sculpey Clay of all kinds of colors
tray and foil
parchment paper
oven

tmnt1

Step 1: make a green ball for its head.

tmnt2

Step 2: make a mask for its head and put it all the way around the ball.  Orange for Michaelangelo, Purple for Donatello {which are the pictures I’m using}, Red for Raphael, and Blue for Leonardo.

tmnt3

Step 3: Make two white balls for its eyes.  Stick them on his mask.

tmnt5

Step 4: Make two little black dots for inside his eyes.  Make a black smile for him and stick it below his mask.

tmnt7

Step 5: Make his body.

tmnt8

Step 6: Get a big brown piece.  Shape it like his body.  Put it on the back of his body for his shell.

tmnt10

Step 7: Make little shapes for arms and legs and make one of the legs farther down than the other one so it looks like he’s doing a trick and kicking.  Put on gloves and shoes.

tmnt11

Step 8: Give him a belt.

Clay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Step 9: Stick him in the oven for 30 minutes.

Step 10: Done.

And there you have it, folks!  What could be easier?  Little Crafter came up with and completed this project all by himself.  He made Michaelangelo {the orange one} first; one night while I was cooking dinner, he sat at the table and created it then brought it in to show me.  I made a few suggestions, like, “Why don’t you give him a belt?” but for the most part, it was all his doing.  That’s five-year-old creativity at work, friends.  I hope you and the Little Crafters in your life enjoy it as much as we do here in the Artsy House.  Little Crafter is confident that you will love his post.  He says, “I know they will love it.  They will want to pin it.  And put it on Facebook.”  Needless to say, my mama-heart will be eternally grateful for any of you who show this post some love…  Didn’t he do an awesome job for his first guest post?  Maybe I should make him a regular contributor, what do you say?

honestlyheart2

Tagging: , , ,

42 comments on Clay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

1. grandma
    July 1, 2014 at 8:09 AM (4 weeks ago)

Wow!!! These turtles are awesome…Maybe you could make a Grandma Turtle…. :)
    You did an amazing job on your first post…You do so many great things…I’m sure your readers would love to have you post again some time… :)
    Love the Turtles!!!

2. Cindy Stewart (cindyzs)
    July 1, 2014 at 8:23 AM (4 weeks ago)

very good little crafter!! you should be proud :) dont ever stop creating!!! well done :) thanks for sharing with us :)

3. Janine Schiro
    July 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM (4 weeks ago)

Cowabunga dude! This is excellent! The directions & pictures are very good. I want to make these with my grand-daughter; I hope they tutn out as nice as yours, Thank you for sharing this great craft idea!

4. Daddy
    July 1, 2014 at 8:46 AM (4 weeks ago)

Hey there little buddy I love your post. You did a great job making the ninja turtle.

5. Amy Bateman
    July 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM (4 weeks ago)

We love TMNT around our house! I think my littlest ones would love this craft. (Even my teenagers would probably enjoy it and geek out.) Keep the Little Crafter tutorials coming!!
    Amy Bateman recently posted…Beautiful BridgeMy Profile

6. Katie
    July 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM (4 weeks ago)

Yes! Definitely make him a guest contributer. Directions so easy even I can do it (and I am NOT crafty). :-)

7. Randi Sowders
    July 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM (4 weeks ago)

He did an amazing job!!!! You know, if he links up to my party this week, I just might feature him ;)

Also, let him know that my daughter loved his post and now, since she’s been asking me too, I am going to “let go” and let her “write” a post too, especially since she now asked why I haven’t let her be blogger yet lol
    Randi Sowders recently posted…Awesome Things TuesdayMy Profile

8. Kat
    July 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM (4 weeks ago)

Wow! Little Crafter you did an amazing job. So proud of you!

9. Rose Sichel
    July 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM (4 weeks ago)

Rosie says, “You did a nice job, Noah. I hope you have had a nice summer so far. I liked the purple one and the orange one. I saw the orange one and I said, “wow,” remember?” Good job! You are a very artsy kid.”

Jessie says, “Way to go, bud! Mama is teaching you well :-)

10. Ginger
    July 1, 2014 at 3:45 PM (4 weeks ago)

Great job Little Crafter! Your mom should most definitely make you a contributor. :)

11. Kim (TheKimSixFix)
    July 1, 2014 at 4:23 PM (4 weeks ago)

This is seriously the BEST tutorial I have EVER seen on the internet for making TMNTs out of clay! I am definitely sharing this with all my friends and family, because I think they would like to learn how to do it to.

Thank you so much little Crafter! I can’t wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! ;)
    Kim (TheKimSixFix) recently posted…Turn a Bulletin Board Border into a GarlandMy Profile

12. Bethany
    July 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM (4 weeks ago)

LC, you did an AWESOME job! Your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles look great, and you did such a wonderful job explaining the directions too. I can’t wait to see what project you come up with next!
    Bethany recently posted…{DIY Vintage Quote Sign}My Profile

13. Tami
    July 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM (4 weeks ago)

Amazing job sadly I couldn’t get my kids when they were younger to craft. So keep going little crafter and never stop.

14. Antoinette Castillo
    July 1, 2014 at 4:51 PM (4 weeks ago)

Wow! What an amazing job LC!!! Your directions were clear and your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out great!!! You should be very proud of yourself! I am going to try this soon with the little kids in my family! Thank you and keep up the great work!

15. Nadia Homenick
    July 1, 2014 at 5:13 PM (4 weeks ago)

Great job Little Crafter! I shared this with my 3 nephews on Facebook. Keep sharing your great ideas!

16. Amberjane
    July 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM (4 weeks ago)

Great tutorial Little Crafter – you explained it all so clearly and I love how you made the shells :) Thanks for sharing can’t wait to see some more crafts from you.
    Amberjane recently posted…The Ultimate Party on FacebookMy Profile

17. Belinda Latta
    July 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM (4 weeks ago)

Great job Noah! You are such a great artist and writer. I hope you bring them to the wedding to show Uncle Stephen, he is a big ninja turtle fan. If you have time maybe you could make one as a wedding gift for Uncle Stephen & Aunt Joanna. They would LOVE it! Love, Grammy

18. Lynn
    July 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM (4 weeks ago)

What a great craft idea! The turtles are super cute and the directions are easy to follow. Way to go LC! I hope to see more posts from you in the future!

19. Sonya Neal
    July 2, 2014 at 1:41 AM (4 weeks ago)

Oh my goodness this is SO adorable!!! Way to go Little Crafter!!! You ROCK!!!

20. Jeanie @ create&babble
    July 2, 2014 at 6:57 AM (4 weeks ago)

Wow, Little Crafter! I am impressed! Not only do you make the best Turtles that I have ever seen, but you are also a fantastic writer!

21. Danielle
    July 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM (4 weeks ago)

Great instructions! These will be easy to follow because you wrote everything out so clearly, thank you. Great job and I can’t wait to make my own TMNT!

22. Niki
    July 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM (4 weeks ago)

Sweet

23. Crystal
    July 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM (4 weeks ago)

How fun! I love all the crafts you do with your son. So fun!!