Starring: Me!

Happy weekend, friends!

I’m a little nervous sharing this, but I’ve made my first “vlog” post…I had hubby videotape me the other night so I could share with you some details about my upcoming Martha Stewart holiday post!  If you didn’t see on Facebook yet, I’ve been chosen along with some other fabulous bloggers to sample the Martha Stewart/Plaid holiday paint line and tell you all about it.  Which means, I received a box full of really fun “treats” on Halloween…paints, stencils, brushes, and more!  Here I am unpacking it all for you…eep, it’s so strange seeing yourself on video!  I hope I don’t look and sound as dorky as I feel, lol!  Enjoy!

Happy Crafting!

12 comments on Starring: Me!

1. Lynn
    November 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM (2 years ago)

I think you did a great job on your Vlog. I myself am no a bit artsy but I am a DIYer so it’s good to watch you gals that have real talent.

2. Gail
    November 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM (2 years ago)

Great vlog! I’m visiting from Silo Farm and I think Martha’s products are the best! However, I do have a question for you. I recently purchased a bottle of the glitter glass paint. It has a pointed tip with a very tiny hole. After removing the plastic, I attempted to squeeze the paint onto a glass container. The glitter paint came out of the sides of the top and not the tiny opening. I took the cap off and looked to see if there was some sort of blockage that prevented the paint from going through the little opening. I couldn’t see anything for all the paint. I asked at Michaels, but no one could help. Have you tried any of the paint with the pointed tip bottles yet? I’m disappointed that I couldn’t use the glitter paint properly.

3. Darby Hawley
    November 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM (2 years ago)

I love that you made a blog and I can hear what you sound like!!! You’re awesome and I love the vlog and looking forward to your MS crafts!

4. FABBY'S LIVING
    November 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM (2 years ago)

Congrats sweet girl! You did an awesome presentation!!
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

5. Cortnee Cari
    November 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM (2 years ago)

Great job!!! I hate seeing myself on camera so I usually only tape my daughter…hehe:)

6. Jessi @ Practically Functional
    November 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM (2 years ago)

Haha, cute! And it looks like you got a great haul, I’m super jealous and can’t wait to see what you make! As for the etching cream, you’ll be just fine. You do need to be careful, obviously, because it is caustic. But I accidentally painted some onto my thumb the last time I used it, and it stung a bit, but I rinsed it off right away and it was fine. Kinda like pouring hydrogen peroxide in an open sore, but if you’re near a sink and being careful you’ll be just fine!

7. Lisa R
    November 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM (2 years ago)

Stopping by from A Spectacled Owl and now following you gfc. I think you did a great job on this vlog. Keep up the good work, I love watching reviews.

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

8. Designed Decor
    November 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM (2 years ago)

Good for you for taking yet another big leap! Go girl!

9. ramsaygrace
    November 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM (2 years ago)

You are absolutely precious, and did a fantastic job on your vlog! I’m super envious of all your craft goodies, and can’t wait to see what fabulous projects you come up with next. Good luck and congrats on taking the big vlog step. :-)
    Trinity

10. Jenny
    November 5, 2012 at 3:39 AM (2 years ago)

Way to go Amy!!! Great vlog, you’re so natural in front of the camera:).

Jenny

11. marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings
    November 5, 2012 at 4:08 AM (2 years ago)

it’s so awkard doing a video right? But it’s really fun getting to hear your voice and see your mannerism I think you did a great job!

12. Andie Jaye
    November 5, 2012 at 5:31 AM (2 years ago)

so cool to actually hear what you sound like and see your mannerisms! i might have to brave it and do one… braces and all :)