Color Your World

So, you know how I’m always saying you all inspire me?
Every week at the party, I talk about all the things that were linked up that I want to have/make/do, right?
Well, guess what? {Here, LC would say “chicken butt”}
I’m going to prove it to you!  A few weeks ago, Angela from Angela’s Adventures shared a post about how she took a bottle of turquoise paint and added pops of color to her home with it.  Here’s a pic of some of the things she made:
Well, it didn’t take long for me to start thinking, “hmm, I bet I have an old ugly vase I could paint!”
Which, of course, I did.  Enter Mr. Ugly Free Vase.
Once upon a time hubby bought me an arrangement that came with this guy.
After a quick trip to Michaels and four coats of Martha Stewart satin acrylic paint, I present… Mr. Colorful!
Ahhhh!  So much better!

After witnessing the amazing transformation of Mr. Ugly Free Vase, I started to dream bigger!  The curtains in our bedroom have been the same for 10+ years; the previous owners of the house left them when they moved and I was too cheap wasn’t sure what I wanted to replace them with.
They were okay, neutral, but a little lacy for my taste {and hubby’s}.  Trouble is, the shade of brown we used on the walls kind of limits what you can use with it.
Enter beautiful turquoise fabric.
Special thanks to my mom, who assisted me with making these and to LC who “helped” too.
Feels like a whole new room!  And there’s enough fabric left for a pillow or two!  Oh, turquoise, how I love you!
Thanks for the inspiration, Angela.
It also just so happens that Angela is here today at One Artsy Mama to share her smoothie recipe…be sure to check it out!
What about you?  How have you added a pop of color to your home?
Happy Crafting!

10 comments on Color Your World

1. Shannah @ Just Us Four
    April 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM (3 years ago)

Love the turquoise. It is my current go to color for so many things right now. Just feels so bright and cheery.

2. Pollyanna
    April 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM (3 years ago)

I love the vase, non descript before and a beauty afterwards. There is just something about that color vase, especially with pink flowers in it.

3. Four Marrs and One Venus
    April 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM (3 years ago)

Chicken butt- love it! :) OK, I love the COLOR in your home right now! So pretty and screams summer, I get so excited when I see your posts, thanks for being so great Amy!!

4. Angela
    April 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM (3 years ago)

Thank you for featuring my color pop ideas! I have so much of that beautiful paint left and I can’t wait to tackle more projects with it!

April 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM (3 years ago)

That turquoise looks great in both contexts. Nice job.

6. Mrs. Handyverger
    April 11, 2012 at 3:36 AM (3 years ago)

I absolutely love the satin finish on that vase; I think it makes it much more unique than if you’d done an enamel. Did you have any trouble with brush marks? (It certainly doesn’t look like it.) Also love the curtains. Yay! Great job on both.

7. Donna Wilkes
    April 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM (3 years ago)

I am in love with turquoise. I have painted several small tables and some old shutters, It brightens your life. did you know about the Turquoise Lovin’ Link Party. I found it yesterday.

8. Tirabaralla
    April 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM (3 years ago)

Quite ironically I love lacey stuff and would like to make something similar to what you made for your bedroom for our kitchen but in lacey stuff…haha.
    I would love a tut on how to make those cause I have no idea :)

9. Shiloh
    April 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM (3 years ago)

That turquoise is one of my favorite colors at the moment. I’ve seen it a couple different places and I LOVE it.