Mosaic Easter Egg

Can you belive it, friends?  St. Patrick’s Day is over, Spring is in the air, and Easter is less than three weeks away!
Which means, it’s time for this artsy mama and her little crafter to get busy with some Easter crafts!
LC has been obsessed with Easter eggs lately…he makes us hide them a million times a day so he can “practice” finding them.
 We get some funny looks when we show up at the park with an Easter basket three weeks early…
Anyway, he picked out a fun Easter egg project for himself to do.  We have been surfing Pinterest a lot together lately…he has his own board where he’s pinned things like this:
Just add food coloring to your boiling water to color your noodles!Easy Easter Craft ~ Easter Bunny Suckers
Handprint Baby Chick Craft + Stories  LC: LC: "You just put a pin and two sticks on and I think it makes a airplane Mommy!"
…and one of the things we found was a mosaic egg made from scrap paper.  Here’s how we made our own:
 MOSAIC EASTER EGG
Materials:
one piece of cardstock
scrap pieces of patterned paper
scissors
glue stick

STEP 1: I sketched the outline of an egg on our cardstock.

STEP 2: Have your little helper glue scrap pieces all over it until it’s totally covered.

STEP 3: Cut out egg shape.  That’s all there is to it!  You can also punch a hole and add a ribbon to hang it up if you like.

It was easy, fun, and FREE, plus it’s a great way to use up all those little scraps I have left over from other projects!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I believe I have some eggs to hide…

11 comments on Mosaic Easter Egg

1. Mammy Made
    March 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM (2 years ago)

Love this! I have to say, I love your blog. I’ve found so much cool stuff here!! I feel like I’m never off it lol.

- Adele @ Mammy Made

2. Kara @ Simplistically Sassy
    March 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM (2 years ago)

I love that egg! My kids would love it. I’ll be doing that for sure! Thanks for the great idea.

3. The Jammie Girl
    March 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM (2 years ago)

VERY cute! And what a great idea to surf Pinterest TOGETHER for fun crafts. That kind of doubles the fun, doesn’t it? And if I’m on Pinterest WITH my child it doesn’t really count as wasting my time, it’s us doing something together . . . you are brilliant!

4. Mama Jodi
    March 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM (2 years ago)

This is really cute. I also love the little plane he pinned. Sometimes I’ll have my oldest pin with me too. She likes it.

5. CSI girl
    March 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM (2 years ago)

This is so cute! COme link it up to The CSI Project. The challenge is Embossing and paper crafts. I think it is so cute he has his own board.

6. Terri @ A Creative Princess
    March 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM (2 years ago)

Amy, this is such an adorable post and such a cute idea! You are one of the features tomorrow! Have a great weekend! Oh, and thank you so much for linking up to It’s a Party!

7. Andrea
    March 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM (2 years ago)

Love the Mosaic Easter Egg! I’m anxious to look start digging through my scrapbook scraps to find some spring colors! Thanks so much for the idea.

Andrea
    MyHomeschoolTale.blogspot.com

8. Kadie
    March 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM (2 years ago)

It turned out so cute. My boys love making things like this. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.