"Me at THREE"

Little Crafter has always been a treasure, but the older he gets, he just keeps doing more things I don’t want to forget.  Hubby and I often talk about how we should take more videos so we can preserve how he looks, talks, walks, runs, and plays at this age.
A few weeks ago, while browsing Pinterest, I came upon this great idea from misszoot.com about personalizing a photo every year when your child starts school, then turning it into a photo book to give them when they graduate.

I loved the idea and thought it would be a great way to record some of Little Crafter’s current favorites, even though he’s not in school yet.  I took a photo from our beach trip and soft focused the background so the text would stand out more.  Then, I added some info about the things he loves most right now.
I can’t wait to show it to him!  Although, I’m enjoying the peace and quiet while he naps…

14 comments on "Me at THREE"

August 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM (3 years ago)

Yeah, that is a super idea. My mom did a keepsake folder for each year of school and then gave it to us as adults. We loved it. The photo is more streamlined than the bulky book. Even better.I’m sure he’s going to love it now and later.

2. Emily
    August 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM (3 years ago)

I saw this on Pinterest, too! It is an awesome idea. I love what you’ve done, think I am inspired.

Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

3. Evie
    August 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM (3 years ago)

What a fabulous idea…I love it! I am so terrible at keeping up with the cute things my kids do from day to day…have to keep this in mind!

4. The Doodler
    August 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM (3 years ago)

This is a great idea! I’m going to save it in my inspiration folder so I don’t forget it and can use it in the future. Thanks for sharing, and visiting my blog. Congrats to your best friend and her new baby! I’m a new follower of yours!

Brie from Darling Doodles

5. Becky @ Buzzy Bee Creations
    August 25, 2011 at 11:14 PM (3 years ago)

What a great idea! I am totally doing this. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower :)

6. Kristen
    August 26, 2011 at 3:03 AM (3 years ago)

that is such a good idea!! thanks so much for linking to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings! http://www.ladybug-blessings.com I am going to feature this idea because I love it and want others to see!

7. The Miller's @ Prezidential Life
    August 27, 2011 at 2:55 AM (3 years ago)

i saw this over at Ladybug Blessings and wanted to stop by and tell you how awesome it is!

thanks
    the miller’s
    prezidential life

8. Christie
    August 28, 2011 at 3:33 AM (3 years ago)

This is so cute! My oldest is starting Preschool this fall. Perfect time to start this project! Thanks for the great idea :)

9. Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com
    August 29, 2011 at 2:02 AM (3 years ago)

This is such a cute keepsake idea! Thank you so much for linking it up at Savvy HomeMade Monday!

10. Chef in Training
    August 29, 2011 at 5:40 PM (3 years ago)

Another great project! What a neat Idea! I can’t wait to do this on on of my little girls picture! Please come share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki

11. Vicky
    August 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM (3 years ago)

This is such a cute idea. I am pinning this!

I am a new follower from the Sunday Showcase. If you have a moment stop by http://messforless.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

12. andie jaye
    August 30, 2011 at 4:25 AM (3 years ago)

thanks for linking this up. am soooo going to do one of these next week for my bubs!

13. ~Iffy~ @ StayAtHomeNation
    September 9, 2011 at 3:03 AM (3 years ago)

Amy,
    Such an adorable idea! I can’t wait to make these for each of my children at all ages! Thank you so much for linking this up to My Favorite Things Friday Link Party! You have earned a spot in the Stay At Home Nation Spotlight this week! Come by & check it out! I can’t wait to see what you link up this week! Have a great weekend!
    XoXo