Natural Necklace

Remember this necklace I made last weekend?  That was inspired by this Anthro necklace?

{mine}                                           {Anthropologie}

I mentioned in that blog post that I wanted to try it a second time using beads in a variety of shapes and sizes to get a totally different effect.  Yesterday, we took a trip to the Potomac Bead Company and I found some stones I fell in love with.  They’ve got a very natural look about them and most of them are actual stones instead of glass beads.  I repeated the same basic procedure and it’s amazing how different the end result is.
Once again, all you need are whatever colored beads you want {I used 14 this time}, 3 mm silver beads and silver tubes, crimp beads, stringing wire, jump rings, chain, a clasp, and basic jewelry making tools.
You string your beads 2″ apart with silver beads in between on the outer string, crimp both ends and attach to jump rings.  String beads 2″ apart on the inner strand, crimp ends, and attach to the same jump rings.  Attach a piece of chain to the jump rings, cut and add clasp.  There’s a fantastic step by step tutorial with photos over at Flamingo Toes if you want more detailed instructions to make your own!
I loved the bright, fun look of the first one I made, but I think I like this one even better!
Which is your favorite?
Hope you’re having a great weekend!

10 comments on Natural Necklace

July 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM (3 years ago)

Look at you rocking that hair AND new necklace. I really like this second necklace a lot. I’m not really colorful I guess lol. Very nice!

2. andie jaye
    July 17, 2011 at 6:08 AM (3 years ago)

i love it!! and the hair too! very sassy! goes so well with your complexion too!

3. SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime
    July 19, 2011 at 10:02 PM (3 years ago)

I’m so grateful that you linked up in this week’s Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop :) This awesome post totally rocked the party!

4. ~Iffy~
    July 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM (3 years ago)

Hi Amy! I’m now following you =D I just wanted to let you know I featured this in the Stay At Home nation Spotlight this week! Thank you SO much for linking it up to My Favorite Things Friday Party! I can’t wait to see what you share this week!
    XoXo
    ~Iffy~

5. Six Sisters
    July 23, 2011 at 4:25 AM (3 years ago)

We LOVE Anthro projects! Both necklaces are adorable- I am loving the colorful beads! :) So fun. Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday- we would LOVE to have you come back tomorrow and link up more of your great posts!
    -The Six Sisters

6. Rachel
    July 25, 2011 at 3:06 AM (3 years ago)

These necklaces both look great. They also look like a lot of fun to make. I would love it if you would enter this at the crafty link party I just started at http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/
    Thanks. Rachel :)

7. Jeff Hardy
    September 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM (3 years ago)

such a nice posting. Here you can find exporters & importers indian yellow pages for your bulk stones, marble & granite supplies business.